Mountain Heritage Trust - Volunteer Treasurer needed
- Wednesday 10th March 2021
The Mountain Heritage Trust (MHT), is a non-profit charity established in 2000 to record and preserve Britain’s rich heritage in the fields of climbing, mountaineering and mountain culture. Second to none in terms of breadth, Britain has a proud legacy in the Alps, the Himalaya, and the other great mountain ranges as well as closer to home on British rock.
Collections of historic items from Britain’s rich mountaineering heritage have been preserved and archived to create an innovative and exciting heritage offer for local, national, and international audiences. Researchers have also been welcomed to come and inspect the collections for their own investigations.
The Trust is entering a new phase of development over the next three years and we are looking for a Treasurer to help guide and advise us on the financial health of the Trust. The Treasurer will work closely with the Finance & Administrative Assistant (currently being recruited), who will be responsible for the day-to-day finances of the Trust, which will enable the Treasurer to present a monthly cash flow projection in line with budgetary controls.
We are looking for a Volunteer Treasurer who is keen to be a part of an exciting charity.
The successful volunteer will:
- Maintain an overview and manage the Trust’s financial affairs.
- Ensure the Trust’s financial viability.
- Ensure the proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- Produce and present cash flows as required by the board of Trustees.
- Be able to work as a team with the Trust’s operation’s staff and board of Trustees in respect of financial matters.
- Have financial qualifications and/or experience of financial management and reporting systems.
- Have good independent judgement in financial matters.
- An interest in supporting the conserving of the UK’s mountaineering heritage would be useful.
Closing date: 31st March 2021
For further information view the website (address at top of advert) and for a full role profile contact firstname.lastname@example.org