How light can a chalk bag get!
- Thursday 17th July 2014
Made of high tech Cuben Fiber fabric and Dyneema cord, this chalk bag weighs in at a miniscule 17.2g. Compared to ordinary chalk bags, the Balloon is only one-fifth of the weight of a regular chalk bag, helping climbers in the battle against gravity.
At 18g per square meter, the CTF3 cuben fiber used to create the Balloon chalk bag is one of the lightest fabrics known to man, yet also one of the strongest. Prized in the ultra-light backpacking community, HANCHOR has leveraged the strength and light weight of CTF3 Cuben fiber to create the lighest chalk bag known to man.
Every detail of the Balloon is designed to cut weight and even the waist band is made of lightweight Dyneema cord, and the buckle is of a simplified design. With the Balloon, there are no excuses in the fight against gravity.
* Weighs only 17.2g, about one fifth of most commercial chalk bags.
* Uses CTF3 (Cuben Fiber 18g/m2) as the main fabric
* 1.2mm Dyneema cord drawstring
* Reinforced stitching around the drawstring closure
* Waist belt is easily replaceable with carabiner or string of users choice
* 2.5mm Dyneema waist belt included
Established 2012 in Taipei, Taiwan HANCHOR has been designing and hand making bags for outdoor adventures since 2010. HANCHOR = Hand+Anchor, both of which keep us on the wall when we climb, and our mission is to design innovative, simple, and high-quality bags to hold your stuff for all your adventures.