Climbing shops can reopen June 15th onwards
- Wednesday 10th June 2020
Assuming there are no changes to the current Government plans non-essential shops – including climbing shops – will be allowed to reopen from June 15th onwards.
Although many have been trading online during the pandemic the latest Government announcements mean that climbing shops will be allowed to reopen to visiting customers from June 15th onwards.
As with essential shops such as supermarkets, customers will need to maintain hygiene protocols and social distancing measures to help reduce the spread of the virus.
Outside in Hathersage, one of the UK’s main independent climbing shops, has put out a very helpful online video outlining the way they have arranged the shop and will be accepting customers.
The main points, outlined below, are explained fully in their video which is well worth checking out. Other shops are very likely to utilise similar operating procedures:
- One way System will be marked out throughout the shop;
- Hand sanitiser stations will be positioned at the entrance, exit and strategic points throughout the shop;
- A click and collect system will also be in place;
- Check-out screens will help protect staff and customers;
- Keys areas will be temporarily roped off if capacity is reached;
- Changing rooms and the Café will remain closed for now;
- Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before returning to the shop floor.
Watch the Outside video below.